Aloha fam! I was randomly craving chocolate pudding today so I whipped up the world's EASIEST paleo chocolate pudding in less than five minutes. It seriously doesn't get any simpler than this! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
4 tbsp ChoCoco Nut Power MeeNut Butter
1 (frozen) medium banana
Throw all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Makes two servings so you can share or just save some for later!
Ideally, you would use frozen banana chunks, but I made this with a fresh banana and it still turned out thick and creamy. Top with grain free granola and shredded coconut if you wish! I used grain free cinnamon banana chip WholeMe clusters. And of course, because I'm me, I sprinkled some cayenne on top!!! Let me know how you guys like it! Aloha! :)
Scored some free bananas from an event on Sunday so I decided to make some MeeNut Butter banana bread! No one does banana bread like the lovely and talented Rachel Mansfield so I adapted a recipe from her site using MeeNut Butter and almond flour! It's grain free, gluten free, with no added sugars, super simple and yummy! Hope you love it! For Rachel's full recipe click here.
Recipe: Paleo MeeNut Butter Banana Bread
3 medium ripe bananas mashed
Optional: 1/2 regular banana to carmelize as a topping
2. Mash the bananas and beat with the eggs and MeeNut Butter.
3. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well with spatula or hand mixer
4. Grease a 9x9 pan or a bread dish and pour batter into pan. Add chocolate chips on top if you like. I did not fold choco chips into the batter but you can do that if you like. Bake for 40-45 min. If baking into muffins, pour into muffin tin and bake for 20 min.
5. While the banana bread is baking, slice half a banana and carmelize in avocado oil until nicely browned.
6. After toothpick comes out clean, remove bread from oven and let cool completely. Slice, layer with more MeeNut Butter and top with carmelized bananas! Enjoy!
Made some no bake paleo strawberry MeeNut Butter cups inspired by the Bakerita's no bake chocolate strawberry fudge! Since ChoCoco Nut Power already has cacao and coconut oil and I didn't want to add any sweetener, I decided to simply use the MeeNut Butter as is and top with diced strawberries. I ended up making some with Quadruple Nut Power and Espresso Nut Power. Chill these babies for at least one hour and enjoy! These are not only sooo super simple and Whole30 compliant, they are also keto friendly!
Diced strawberries (approx 5-6)
Paleo MeeNut Butter of choice
Line a mini muffin pan
Fill 3/4 with Paleo MeeNut Butter of choice
Top with diced strawberries and press ever so slightly into the MeeNut Butter
Chill for at least one hour. Serve immediately and enjoy!
For Bakerita's full recipe go here: https://www.bakerita.com/chocolate-strawberry-fudge-paleo-vegan/
Here's my latest chocolate covered rendition of Paleo "MeeNut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches"!! Seriously so good and so simple! Even your kiddos might like them! I mean, you can't go wrong with a chocolate covered strawberry, am I right?!
I made a version with both strawberries and apples and used Eating Evolved's Signature Dark chocolate. If you use their Midnight Coconut, these would be Whole30 compliant! Try these and let me know how you like them! Enjoy!
1. Rinse some strawberries and apples and pat dry. Leave the strawberry stems on and slice the strawberries in half, keeping the stem intact. Keep peel on and core the apple and cut into slices. Squeeze some lemon juice on them if you want them to keep from browning.
Aloha fam! I can't even remember the last time I had a bowl of cereal but for some reason I was craving it today! So I made this super quick and easy chocolate coconut collagen nut milk and added it to a bowl of apples and grain free granola! Perfect for life after Whole30! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
If I had things my way, I would choose to have summer all year round! But fall is here and honestly the colder weather, time change, shorter days, make me sad lol. However there is ONE redeeming thing about fall ... PERSIMMONS! One of my all time favorite fruits! Here is a recipe for a MeeNut Butter muffin using my fave, persimmons! It is paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free and has no refined sugars! Only six ingredients and so simple and delicious! Enjoy and Happy Persimmon Season!
Recipe: Paleo MeeNut Butter Persimmon Muffins
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 scoops unflavored collagen peptides (I used Vital Proteins marine collagen)
As promised, here is my recipe for MeeNut Butter Pumpkin Spice Collagen Brownies! They are paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free and so easy to make! The perfect healthy treat for the holiday season and life after whole30!
Try it out for your Thanksgiving feast or a snack on the go like the pic above! I layered a mason jar with dairy free coconut yogurt, bananas, coconut cream frosting (recipe below), a meenut butter pumpkin spice brownie (recipe below) and drizzled some melted dark chocolate (I used dairy free Eating Evolved dark chocolate) and pumpkin pie spice on top (I used Primal Palate)!
Who doesn't love a good brownie from time to time, and a paleo one at that?! I'm so excited to share this recipe featuring one of my favorite MeeNut Butter flavors, Espresso Nut Power, and one of my favorite foods on the entire planet, kabocha squash!!! (I also have a Pumpkin Spice brownie recipe so stay tuned for that one!) It's super moist, chocolatey, and oh so delicious! So without further ado, enjoy!
1/2 cup roasted kabocha squash (recipe for how to roast a kabocha squash here)
4 pitted soaked medjool dates
2 tbsp raw honey
1/4 cup cacao powder
2 scoops unflavored collagen peptides (I used Vital Proteins marine collagen)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cacao nibs (optional)
1 can full fat coconut cream (optional for frosting)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
3. Combine all wet ingredients in a food processor until thoroughly mixed and pour into a bowl
4. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into batter until fully blended. Add cacao nibs or chocolate chips if desired.
5. Grease an 8x8 pan with avocado oil or coconut oil. I used Primal Kitchen avocado oil.
6. Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 F for about 30-35 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool completely and enjoy with frosting and toppings of choice! I made a coconut cream frosting and dusted it with apple pie spice! I used Primal Palate.
8. For coconut cream frosting: refrigerate 1 can full fat coconut cream overnight. The cream will separate to the top and water to the bottom. Carefully scoop out the cream only and mix with 1 tbsp raw honey.
One of my all time favorite korean side dishes is cucumber/radish kimchi and I make it on the regular because I always have to have it on hand! This is not the traditional way to make it, it's my way and it's super simple and works for me! It pairs beautifully with almost every dish with its spicy, acidic flavor so hopefully it becomes one of your staples as well! Enjoy!
P.S. I think what makes or breaks this is the kind of red pepper flakes (gochugaru) you use so try to get a good quality korean brand. Mine is straight from the motherland and I have no clue what brand it is so I can't even recommend one to you, apologies!
Mee's Cucumber/Radish "Kimchi" Recipe
2 lbs persian cucumbers (can sub 1 lb cucumbers and 1 lb radishes)
1 large red onion
2 cups chopped green onions
1 jalapeno (optional)
1-3 thumbs of ginger to taste
1 clove garlic
1-2 tbsp sea salt (to taste)
2 tbsp red pepper flakes (gochugaru) - the more you use the spicier it will be!
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or brown rice vinegar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 squirts red boat fish sauce (optional)
Simply wash and chop all the veggies into a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients, mix well, and transfer to a glass jar. (I like to make it the lazy way by throwing everything in the jar and then shaking it until it's all mixed up! You pick lol!)
Put it in the refrigerator and it will be perfect in a couple days and keeps for a couple weeks! Enjoy!