Paleo MeeNut Butter Banana Bread
Scored some free bananas from an event on Sunday so I decided to make some MeeNut Butter banana bread! No one does banana bread like the lovely and talented Rachel Mansfield so I adapted a recipe from her site using MeeNut Butter and almond flour! It's grain free, gluten free, with no added sugars, super simple and yummy! Hope you love it! For Rachel's full recipe click here.
Recipe: Paleo MeeNut Butter Banana Bread
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- Optional: 1/2 regular banana to carmelize as a topping
- 1/2 cup Paleo MeeNut Butter (I used Espresso Nut Power!)
- 3 small eggs or 2 large eggs (I used 2 large)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (I used Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice)
- Optional: I added a dash of cayenne, ginger, and turmeric
- I sliced 1/2 a banana and carmelized in Primal Kitchen avocado oil
- Optional: Enjoy Life dairy free dark chocolate chips (these do have cane sugar so opt out if you want to keep it paleo!)
- I stacked these with some extra Quadruple Nut Power MeeNut Butter for more ooey gooey goodness!
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Mash the bananas and beat with the eggs and MeeNut Butter.
3. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well with spatula or hand mixer
4. Grease a 9x9 pan or a bread dish and pour batter into pan. Add chocolate chips on top if you like. I did not fold choco chips into the batter but you can do that if you like. Bake for 40-45 min. If baking into muffins, pour into muffin tin and bake for 20 min.
5. While the banana bread is baking, slice half a banana and carmelize in avocado oil until nicely browned.
6. After toothpick comes out clean, remove bread from oven and let cool completely. Slice, layer with more MeeNut Butter and top with carmelized bananas! Enjoy!