Espresso MeeNut Butter Kabocha Brownies
Who doesn't love a good brownie from time to time, and a paleo one at that?! I'm so excited to share this recipe featuring one of my favorite MeeNut Butter flavors, Espresso Nut Power, and one of my favorite foods on the entire planet, kabocha squash!!! (I also have a Pumpkin Spice brownie recipe so stay tuned for that one!) It's super moist, chocolatey, and oh so delicious! So without further ado, enjoy!
Paleo Espresso MeeNut Butter Kabocha Brownies
1/2 cup Espresso Nut Power MeeNut Butter
1/2 cup roasted kabocha squash (recipe for how to roast a kabocha squash here)
4 pitted soaked medjool dates
2 tbsp raw honey
1/4 cup cacao powder
2 scoops unflavored collagen peptides (I used Vital Proteins marine collagen)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cacao nibs (optional)
1 can full fat coconut cream (optional for frosting)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
3. Combine all wet ingredients in a food processor until thoroughly mixed and pour into a bowl
4. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into batter until fully blended. Add cacao nibs or chocolate chips if desired.
5. Grease an 8x8 pan with avocado oil or coconut oil. I used Primal Kitchen avocado oil.
6. Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 F for about 30-35 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool completely and enjoy with frosting and toppings of choice! I made a coconut cream frosting and dusted it with apple pie spice! I used Primal Palate.
8. For coconut cream frosting: refrigerate 1 can full fat coconut cream overnight. The cream will separate to the top and water to the bottom. Carefully scoop out the cream only and mix with 1 tbsp raw honey.