Paleo MeeNut Butter Persimmon Muffins
If I had things my way, I would choose to have summer all year round! But fall is here and honestly the colder weather, time change, shorter days, make me sad lol. However there is ONE redeeming thing about fall ... PERSIMMONS! One of my all time favorite fruits! Here is a recipe for a MeeNut Butter muffin using my fave, persimmons! It is paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free and has no refined sugars! Only six ingredients and so simple and delicious! Enjoy and Happy Persimmon Season!
Recipe: Paleo MeeNut Butter Persimmon Muffins
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 scoops unflavored collagen peptides (I used Vital Proteins marine collagen)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup persimmon puree
Eating Evolved dark chocolate (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Mix all the dry ingredients (first three ingredients) in a bowl and set aside
3. Peel and slice 1-2 fuyu persimmons (depending on size). The mushier/riper the better! Puree in a food processor.
4. Mix the persimmon puree, MeeNut Butter, and egg in another bowl.
5. Carefully add in the dry ingredients into the wet and mix thoroughly.
6. Grease a muffin pan or line with muffin liners and fill about 3/4 with the batter. Optional: place a wedge of dark chocolate on top. I used Eating Evolved dark chocolate.
7. Bake at 350 F for 25 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool completely and enjoy! Makes 6 muffins.