Paleo MeeNut Butter Cupcakes
I tried incorporating some Paleo MeeNut Butter treats for the first time this weekend for a fitness expo at CrossFit Long Beach. These were a hit so they may very well become a yummy staple at my booths from now on!!!
RECIPE: PALEO MEENUT BUTTER CUPCAKES/BROWNIES
1 cup (8 oz) Paleo Almond MeeNut Butter for cupcakes (2 cups or 16 oz for brownies)
2 organic eggs
½ cup raw organic honey
1 medium organic apple (approx. 5 – 5.25 oz peeled and cored)
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
1 tbsp raw organic cacao nibs (optional)
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cayenne (optional)
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel and core your apple and cut into 1 inch chunks (I used an organic gala apple)
- Add to a Vitamix blender: eggs, honey, vanilla, apples, cacao nibs, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, cayenne and blend on high for about 15 seconds until smooth
- Add 1 cup of Paleo Almond MeeNut Butter (2 cups for brownies) and blend for about 30 seconds until smooth. If adding 2 cups of MeeNut Butter for brownies, you will need to use your masher tool as mixture will be thick and hard to blend.
- Pour liquid mixture into mixing bowl
- Slowly fold in cocoa powder and mix thoroughly with a spatula until fully incorporated
- Line muffin pan with paper baking cups, fill 3/4 , and bake for approx. 20 minutes in a convection oven on low for cupcakes (18-20 for brownies). May need to add about 10 min for a still oven.
- Remove from muffin pan immediately to cool on a cooling rack
- Once cooled you may top with a frosting, ganache, or chocolate drizzle of choice. When I served these, I was in a hurry so I just melted some enjoy life dark chocolate and dressed with a cute dollop in the center for the cupcakes and a nice drizzle for the brownies, on top of a bed of organic coconut chips.