Paleo MeeNut Butter Brownies and Ice Cream
Sadly my Jeep is still in the shop today so to cheer myself up I made Civilized Caveman’s Almond Butter Brownies with MeeNut Butter. I had to make some tweaks because I was out of honey and blueberries. Thankfully they still turned out great! Because I didn’t have those two ingredients, I halved everything else except for the eggs. Because I did not add any extra sweeteners, the Ginger Blueberry Coconut ice cream was the perfect complement to the brownie.
The following recipe is adapted/simplified from Civilized Caveman’s original:
- 1 Cup (8oz) of MeeNut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I added this ingredient to the recipe)
- 1/2 very ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F
- In a Vitamix, blend your MeeNut Butter, eggs, vanilla and banana
- Add the salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder and blend
- Grease an 8″ baking dish with coconut oil and bake for 20 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
MEE’S RECIPE: GINGER BLUEBERRY COCONUT ICE CREAM
1 cup (8oz) full fat coconut milk
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 chunk of peeled ginger root (can sub 1 tsp ginger powder if fresh ginger is not available)
1. In a Vitamix, blend coconut milk, half the blueberries, and ginger until smooth.
2. Add mixture to an instant ice cream maker (I used my Cuisinart one which I love) and churn until thickened. Add the rest of the frozen blueberries directly into the ice cream machine while it’s churning so you get some nice blueberry chunks in the final product. Continue to churn until you reach your desired consistency.
3. Scoop onto warm brownie and enjoy a la mode! If you want a harder ice cream, chill in the freezer until desired consistency then enjoy!
P.S. I made these again a week later with no missing ingredients this time and they came out perfect! I topped them with banana slices, coconut, and cinnamon. Perfection!!!