Paleo Dark Chocolate MeeNut Butter Cups
It’s been really hot here lately so I haven’t been in the baking mood. This was the perfect post-dinner bite for a hot summer don’t-wana-bake kind of nite! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Don’t forget to post and tag Mee Eat Paleo #meenutbutter on social media when you try out any of these recipes!
RECIPE: PALEO DARK CHOCOLATE MEENUT BUTTER CUPS
Ingredients for the chocolate:
1 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips or Eating Evolved Signature Dark Chocolate
2 tbsp Coconut Manna (optional – without will give you a hard chocolate and more stable at room temp; with will make the chocolate a little smoother and needs to be kept & served chilled)
Cinnamon to taste (optional)
Cayenne to taste (optional)
Paleo MeeNut Butter (any flavor)
Organic sweet potato (oven-baked and cooled)
Organic strawberries (washed, de-stemmed, patted dried)
Shredded organic coconut
Fine coffee grinds
Freeze dried fruit
Anything else you want!
1. Over low heat in a double boiler melt the chocolate with the coconut manna. Stir frequently until smooth. Add a pinch of cinnamon and/or cayenne (both optional to taste). Let cool to room temperature.
2. Line a mini cupcake tray with baking cups.
3. Pour a bottom layer of chocolate in each cup.
4. Chill in freezer for a few minutes until hardened.
5. If you want a plain chocolate MeeNut Butter cup, skip this step. Slice desired filling into thin circles, preferably the same circumference (so the layers will be visible from the sides) of the muffin tray and line on top of the bottom layer of chocolate.
6. Add a layer of Paleo MeeNut Butter (make sure to use enough to fill to the edges so you can see this layer from the sides as well).
7. Add a top layer of chocolate.
8. For variety, sprinkle some with shredded coconut, some with sea salt, some with fine coffee grinds, and leave some plain. If you want to get really fancy, you can top the banana filled cup with a freeze dried banana and the strawberry filled one with a freeze dried strawberry. Get creative!
9. Chill in freezer for 5-10 minutes until fully hardened.
10. Leave in the paper liners or remove paper and serve nicely plated. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Makes approx 12 mini cups